Turtleskin VaprThrm® Gaiter
Not satisfied with construction found on other gaiters? We weren't either. So we set out to make the toughest gaiter on the market. We raised the bar on puncture & tear resistance by using Turtleskin fabric by Warwick Mills which is made by a proprietary process that creates a very dense & puncture resistant weave. Typical gaiters reinforcement relies on heavy denier (500-1080 denier) fibers; yet these create a more open weave that is susceptible to crampon snags & tears. These Turtleskin gaiters are uniquely resistant to glancing blows by crampons.
Performance is further enhanced by laminating the Turtleskin to our VaprThrm - 3-ply construction that provides element protection.
We back these gaiters with a life-time warranty and will make repairs free of charge for any damage incurred.
Rounding our the features:
- Easy on-off with underarch 3/16" bungee & 2" Velcro closure
- Black powder coated CMC lace hook set with durable copper rivets
- Durable gross-grain binding
- Fleece lined snow-skirt band and 1-hand elastic drawstring closer
- Standard size is 20" circumference and 14" high. Each pair is made to order and we ask that you enter your calf and boot dimension and fill in the desired height. Craft produced in USA.
- 10.7 oz per pair
- * For those who do not want separate gaiters, please ask us about integral Turtleskin patches on the inside of our VaprThrm NTS pants